This is a specialist experimenters kit to create either a triangular array or “three-in-a-row” vertical array. The three-in-a-row will give you about 4.5 dB over a vertical, the triangular array will deliver about 5 dB.over a good vertical. (depends on ground etc)
Telescopic Poles supplied are just under 7m in height when extended
Suitable for any frequency, from 30m band and up. This kit would make a great 20m experiment and since the wind loading is very light, could probably stand up in all weathers. 40m is also possible via linear loading each element.
In the box:
- 3 x 7m DX Commander Telescopic Poles
- 3 x Aluminium Ground Plates (drilled out to 5mm, no thread * ) bent at 90 degrees as per usual for SO239
- 3 x Aluminium Driven Plates (drilled, not tapped * )
- 3 x Guy Plate UHMWPE (good for 1,500W at 14MHz)
- 3 x SO239 wih screw-threads (User to solder a flying lead into this)
- 3 x HCL clamps (to keep the driven plates from rising up)
You will need to supply some wire for the elements and grounds, (6mm) nuts bolts washers, paracord and other odds and ends. The hard work (components) is done for you though.
Spacing between elements for say 20m will be around 4m distance between each. SWR and perfect match not guaranteed. This is an experimenters kit.